In my opinion, this is a miracle “elixir” for inflammation! I feel that it works so much better than ibuprofen ever did (and I used to take my fair share of it before my lifestyle change!) Golden milk is also great for the digestive tract and circulatory system. I use it mostly when I injure myself and as a beverage now and then for its many other health benefits.
You can find MANY recipes on the internet for how to make it, but here is my simple method. Note, the mix that I use has all the main ingredients that are NEEDED, so that makes it very convenient! Some people think that just the turmeric alone is enough, but it needs a carrier such as black pepper for it to be absorbed by the body.
DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ON A BLOOD THINNER UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR APPROVES!
- 1 Blender
- 1 Cup (or coffee mug)
I specifically use certain ingredients and will link to them. I have valid reason(s) for choosing those items. Substituting other types may not yield the best nutritional results. Quality of ingredients matter!
- .5 cup Frozen Tart Cherries (For an added anti-inflammatory effect, add the tart cherries, but NOT JUICE!)
- 1 serving Tart Cherry Powder (Use something like this if you can't find frozen tart cherries.)
- 8 drops Liquid Monkfruit Extract (ONLY if you MUST have it taste sweet.)
- 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt (Grassfed Whole Milk) (If you want a little creaminess and some extra protein.)
- Blend in the nutribullet or other high-speed blender for at least 30 seconds.1 tsp Golden Milk Superfood Blend, 1 tbsp 100% Coconut Milk, 8 fl oz Water
- Drink cold or warm in a microwave for 10-15 seconds or in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.